Monday, May 19, 2008

A lovely day

We celebrated Mother’s Day a week late this year, due to Becca working on the real day. She prepared us a meal fit for for queens yesterday. Spinach-cauliflower soup –totally delicious, a lovely bean dish, asparagus served with the best dressing* I have had in ages, and finally, a chocolate marble cake. Oh- and fabulous bread. She told me what the name of the bread was, and what comes to mind is “field bread” but that cannot possibly be it. I have not had a Becca cooked meal in ages, and while I was in Hawaii, I was a bit jealous thinking of Tom and Rachael partaking of all those delicacies. She and I seem to eat out together frequently, which is fun, but it is great to be served dinner by the world’s best baker and cook on occasion.

*The dressing had orange juice and pale miso in it, and I can’t remember what else, but it was out of this world. I love dressing on everything if I like the dressing, but there are very few that I like. And I can’t make any of them. Actually, I finally perfected one (honey mustard) that I like but it is nothing near as good as this one.

3 comments:

bex said...

The dressing was just the juice of an orange (Valencia) mixed with a teaspoon of pale miso, a teaspoon of mustard, and 12 a teaspoon of honey. The bread was 'pain rustique' from 'Bread' by Hamelman.

joannamauselina said...

Yay! Thanks. Now I can make it, but it will still lack the magic touch, I am sure.

Samos said...

{Another] great food photo! I think I've seen that same soup before at work...