Tuesday, May 13, 2008

A gratifying day


I have absolutely nothing interesting to report. In fact, at work this evening, two of my friends and I had an argument about whose life was most boring. We never did settle on the answer. I am sure I was the winner, at least for the last few days. A Pyrrhic victory. Actually, Mother’s Day was not boring at all. So maybe I was not the winner. I got up at 4:30am to cook little Turkish breads and make deviled eggs for choir treats at the 10:00 Mass. Everything turned out nicely, thanks largely to Rebecca who gave me the menu, the recipes, and was available for technical advise at 4:45 a.m. The recipe for the Turkish breads left a bit more to the imagination than the recipes in The Bread Bible. I forgot to stretch them, despite the fact that the recipe specifically said to, and Rebecca even reminded me. So they were little puffy pillows rather than flattish cushions. Nonetheless, they were a success as were my overcooked rubbery deviled eggs. I wish I had taken a photo to show you, but I was in a state of nervous frenzy. I considered taking a picture of all the dirty dishes generated by this project - it would have been impressive - but to protect the innocent (me), I didn’t . Actually, they have been washed but are still sitting there in the kitchen. In the evening Rachael and I picked up Rebecca and my aunt and had a pleasant outing to Jamjuree (our favorite Thai restaurant) for dinner.
Knitwise, I have done mostly nothing. I just seem to go to sleep at all the potential knitting times. Sigh! Heavy sigh, in fact. Here is a pair of socks I finished recently. I made them from stash yarn which had no label. I am pretty sure it was Trekking. The pattern is my own, and one of my more successful, I think.

1 comment:

bex said...

No, I'm pretty sure it's lovely Austermann Step!