Tuesday, September 14, 2010

An exciting day

What to tell you about? I have had days jam packed with adventure ( at least from my perspective as one who leads – and loves – a very dull life.)

The choir sang at Mass for the first time in a while, and that is always, for me, and I suspect for many others, including the congregation, a very happy event. We sang Parry’s “I was Glad” and it was true. I was very glad that our choir year was beginning again. September is such a “starting month.” I think of it as the real New Year time. Summer over, autumn coming, and winter soon to follow. Fresh beginnings everywhere – for school children, for folks returning from vacations, and for returning choristers. January is in the middle of a dead zone and doesn’t seem new at all. If fact, by the time it gets here, it seems very old. Very old.

Then on the walk home, I saw some very cute bees, and some neighbors loading paintings into the back of a pickup. I asked them if they were preparing for an art show, and they said that, yes, their mother was having an exhibition at Harborview Medical Center. For some reason, I was not shy about asking them what they were doing, but I was shy about taking a closer look at the pictures. Silly me. From a distance, they looked very interesting, and I plan to try to see the exhibit.

The day continued to be eventful, but no time to fill you in on it now. Maybe later. "Maybe later" seems to be one of my mottoes.

The choir picture is resurrected from Easter Sunday, and was taken by my friend Maria.

3 comments:

Janet said...

Those paintings, what I can see of them, do look interesting. I wonder where the exhibition is.

FuguesStateKnits said...

Isn't it great to be back at choir? Ah Autumn! My favorite time of year:)!! Wish I could hear you all sing! Someday:)!!!!

Laura said...

I would like to see those pictures.
I always have that feeling of beginnings at fall too and it is a beautiful season as seen in your very cute bee picture!