Thursday, April 30, 2009

A funny day

As I told you yesterday, Ana was coming after work to have dinner and watch a movie. We made pizza (sorry, Colin!) which was scrumptious- at least I thought so. I had the crust dough ready, and various toppings prepared, so when Ana got here, we baked the asparagus a la Rebecca, selected the toppings for our half of the pizza, and baked that too.

I had a dessert involving blueberries and tapioca prepared in my mind, but I couldn’t find blueberries, even frozen and the only tapioca I could find was the minute kind – not the kind with the yummy, slightly chewy big fish eyes. Note to Self: ask Rebecca about this. She knows all about tapioca. So I made do with what I had, and it turned out delicious, if not beautiful.
Then we watched the Marx Brothers in “A Night at the Opera,” maybe one of the funniest movies with one of the funniest scenes ever. We both shrieked with laughter, and had tears streaming down. The Seattle Opera is never like this! Thank goodness, I might add.

A More Yummy than Photogenic Orangey Dessert
2 ½ cups of orange juice
½ cup sugar
¼ cup minute tapioca
rind of one small lemon
2 small pears, peeled and diced, and cooked in the microwave till soft *
1 cup of raspberries

Mix up the juice, sugar, lemon rind, and tapioca and bring it to a boil, stirring constantly so that it won’t burn. Add the lemon rind, the pears, and the raspberries and give them a few stirs. Pour it into little serving bowls and chill it for several hours.

*The pears I got were rather tasteless and too firm, so I chopped them and cooked them in the microwave for a minute and a half to see if this improved them, and it did.

4 comments:

Laura said...

Lovely Food!!

Unknown said...

Now you are just being mean! ;-)

(I love asparagus though.)

Samos said...

I agree... YOU are such a tease!

L said...

That pizza looks so good!