Wednesday, March 19, 2008

A muggy day

Actually, the day was beautiful, weather-wise, with daffodils blooming, forsythia frothing, green everywhere. The thing that was muggy was me. I worked the two previous evenings, and my patients seemed to suck the life out of me. I was fortunate in that they were all pleasant, but last evening especially, they were very sick and required a lot of care. I had no breaks and left an hour late, missing the bus and hence walking home. Uphill. With sore feet. Ugh. When I got home, since I had missed my tea breaks at work, I had a nice cuppa, and I fear that this may have been a mistake. I read a few pages, went to sleep, woke up two hours later, and was sadly fully alert. I read some more, had some Ovaltine – usually effective in these cases – and read, did the dishes, and read, etc.

Poor Rachael has been sick for the last couple of days and to celebrate her feeling better, I made some focaccia. It was quite good, but not nearly as good as the focaccia that Rebecca makes. So Rachael and I had bread, wine, and cheese for dinner. Unconventional but extremely satisfying.

My plan for today was to show the progress on my new glove, but I was too droopy to knit a stitch. So far the glove is one and a half rounds long. And so to bed. Hopefully to sleep.

No comments: