Friday, February 8, 2008

A lost day


I had been looking forward to today after five days of work, work, work! My plan was to have a nice cup of tea, read the paper, do the crossword, and then knit until time to get ready to go to the Family Kitchen. I had planned to start the mate to this sock, and get well into the pattern - at least to the point where the pattern would become a public knitting sort of thing, and then to make progress on a lacy scarf , which is private knitting, as I have to concentrate quite a lot more and get grumpy if anyone talks to me at an intricate bit. Well, I had the tea, did the crossword, and then decided to rest my eyes for a minute or two. Fortunately, I set my alarm for 1515, just in case. The alarm went off, just as a man in my dream was telling me that I had BO and needed a shower. Thinking that this might be true, I leapt up, took a shower and hurried off to my afternoon appointments. I had knit two rows of my sock! I don’t see much knitting time in the next couple of days, so this was rather a bummer.

The sock design is from Favorite Socks from Interweave magazine. It is knitted in Jitterbug yarn, and is actually much cuter than it appears in this picture. When I have someone else’s foot to photograph it on, I will post a better picture.

No comments: