Sunday, September 21, 2008

Happy Birthday, Becca!

I can’t believe that it is Becca’s birthday again. It seems like she was born yesterday – well, not quite. We had an intimate dinner with the aunties, and my functions were to assemble this cake (baked by Becca), and to clear a space for us to eat. Since everything needed to be cooked at the last minute, we had to eat in the dining room. This room has been a repository of junk since well before the death of Tom. First, it was full of medical equipment, and then with much of his stuff which still needed to be dealt with and sorted. So the top of the table has not seen the light of day in quite some time. I definitely needed a push to get working on this. I cannot pretend that it is all put away, because some of it just moved to a more inconspicuous space, and will eventually come back. But nonetheless, it is much better. Hence this uninteresting picture of an uninteresting table. It is a bit of a milestone. I had several presents for Becca, some of which I purchased on my downtown foray on Thursday after the terrible medical event. I usually always put my secret purchases in the same place, and when, in the afternoon before our dinner, I went to look for them….. the were not there. Frantic, I thought I had left them on the bus. However, St. Anthony to the rescue once again. I was so relieved when I found them, that I completely forgot my major presents. Rebecca knew all about one of them, having picked it out herself, and wondered where it was but was too polite to ask. It was not until today that I realized I had forgotten half her gifts. Then I debated about saving them for Christmas, but decided that would not be nice.

3 comments:

bex said...

I'm glad you didn't save them for mas! I'll wear one today.

L said...

I heard the cauliflower dish was very yummy!

Samos said...

That cake looks sooo yummy! I wish I could've come... )-;