Sunday, August 23, 2009

A retrospective day

I told you I had been going to make a meal-in-minutes for Ana, but that it turned out to be a meal in far more minutes than I had anticipated, resulting in us spending more time in the kitchen and less time knitting in front of our movies than we had planned. Later, I was speculating as to why this was as it was, and decided that making bread had been a big part of the problem. I always think of making bread as something that you have to be there for, but as something that really doesn’t take up much time. But I think it did take up a bit. Everything else really was pretty quick. We had wonderful tomato salad from Ana's garden. I made a tomato feta tart – very good. You can find the recipe here. I left off the chorizo, naturally. I recommend it for a quick and impressive dinner dish. The Sunburst Carrot Salad requires a little time to prepare the carrots, but with an efficient vegetable peeler, that goes quickly too. I made the yogurt ice cream in the morning, and that too is ready in minutes. We put a blueberry topping on it. The recipe for that is very complex. Here it is: Take about half a cup of frozen blueberries, add about two tablespoons of sugar, and microwave it for two minutes. Voila! Your guests will think you worked on it all day!

2 comments:

bex said...

You can get nice Soyrizo at the Madison Market!

Laura said...

Really glad you have added your recipes for the yummy looking food!!!