Friday, September 21, 2012

A Fun Day in Chinatown



Yesterday morning, I woke up thinking that I had a day before me with nothing whatever that I had to do.  What a fun (and somewhat unusual) feeling!   I immediately called Becca to see if she wanted to walk to Chinatown with me, and I was delighted when she said she did.  Of course, as soon as we got underway, I realized that I actually had many imperative little tasks that I should be doing instead of just having a fun day with my darling daughter.  Oh well! Why brood over the unfixable! There is always tomorrow, to paraphrase Scarlett O’Hara. 


Becca and I both needed things from the Chinese grocery stores, and  what fun place those can be with all their mysterious sights and scents. 

Some nice seaweed for salads!

I wanted ginger so we went to the spices and herb store and Becca wanted a particular sort of tea, so we went to the tea store. 







 Then a yummy lunch at my (current) favorite restaurant with its unusual dining room.


  Someone  is paying more attention to her phone than to her mother!
By the time we got home, I was done in, and decided that it would be sufficient to make a list of all the tasks I needed to do the next day.  That would be progress of a sort.  This morning I woke up, looked at the list, and felt a bit overwhelmed.  Well, first things first, so I worked the crossword puzzle.  As I was just finishing it up, Becca called to tell me that some yarn we had ordered had arrived.  Second things second, so I leapt on my bicycle and whipped over to her house.  By the time I got there, I was gasping for air and had white spots in front of my eyes.  This is a sign that I need to do this more often, I decided.  Later, home with my yarn, and recovered,  I managed to check a few things off my list before going to the Cathedral Kitchen.  Four of the usual washing up crew were not there, so it was a workout!  Looking over my  still to-do items now, I guess I have to quote like Scarlett O’Hara yet again.  Tomorrow is another day, and I do hope I can finally manage to check a few more things off that pesky list.  

*******

PS  When I open the little map to the right, showing from whence folks are looking at this page, there is always an ad or two which is somehow related to the content of the post.  Today's ad was for a treatment center for women with bipolar disorder.  Hmmmmmm!

5 comments:

bex said...

It was a fun day!

Marta said...

That looks like such fun. are you going to reveal the name of your favorite restaurant?

joannamauselina said...

You can see it if you click on the words "favorite restaurant."

Laura said...

The food looks so interesting. I couldn't identify anything. Guess I need to get out more!

Pru said...

Surely with your medical background you should know that shortage of air and white spots in front of the eyes both indicate an immediate need to cast on a new knitting project. I thought this was a common condition.