Wednesday, April 16, 2008

An odd day

popcicle the chameleonWell, Hi from Hawaii! The flight, as expected was horrific! Right down to seasickness in the sky. I am just not a good traveler. I had to get up at five in the morning, and consequently, didn’t go to sleep till well after two. So I started the whole adventure on the wrong foot – or at least on a very sleepy foot. And in my excitement, I forgot to eat breakfast, so on a hungry foot as well. Happily, the plane was not full, so I was able to find a three person seat all for myself where I could stretch out and snooze. I have often read in novels – mystery novels mainly- about the heroine waking in the middle of a rough case, when she is on the road after the culprit and not knowing where she is. I have always been a bit skeptical about this since I have never experienced it – no doubt because I always wake up in my own bed. Anyhow, I woke up thinking that I was in my own bed (the opposite of the usual scenario) and had slept through the alarm and missed the plane. I leapt up – or rather, raised my head in alarm, realized that I had not missed the plane at all, and was , in fact, on it, and went back to sleep. Then a short time later, I heard a screech, jerked awake again thinking that we were either being hijacked or that there was a medical emergency and I needed to be the savioress and do CPR. However, when I looked around, all was serene. And speaking of serene, that is what we have been since we got here – knitting, crossword puzzles, eating, watching movies – so I have no pictures of our adventures. Here instead is a picture of my nephew Kekoa’s chameleon. He has a cockroach in his mouth. Oops! I couldn't get the picture to post. And it is so cute. I will continue to try.

1 comment:

R Ross said...

You'd better go on a nature walk or something. Or at least take some pictures of Dakki, Pauline, and the Hawaiian Guppies... Pictures is more fun.