Wednesday, May 2, 2012

An Ambrosial Day



What, in your opinion, is the most exquisite food ever?  I have no doubt that what all the gods have for breakfast every morning is a nice juicy golden mango!  Mangos are definitely one of the most delightful things in life. So, imagine my elation when, on a shopping trip to Viet Wah with Rebecca, I espied a big stack of little crates of mangos!  “Let’s get one and share it,” I enthused. She seemed not quite as thrilled as I was, but agreed.  There were sixteen in the crate! Eight mangos each! Ecstasy!  And they were soooooo delicious – perfectly ripe, rich, sweet, full of flavor!   Mango smoothie every morning and mango salad every evening for a few days.  Life can be wonderful!



Morning Happiness!


Morning Mango Smoothie

1 heavenly mango, peeled and sliced,
1 banana, peeled and broken into pieces,
1 big glob (about half a cup) of plain yogurt.

Put it all in your blender, blend, and yum!  Exquisite!

4 comments:

bex said...

I've already finished my mangoes--we should have each gotten a whole box!

karensomethingorother said...

it's almost worth going out to the store right now, during precious alone time, to get one. I LOVE them too.

Laura said...

Yum!!!

Marta said...

Sounds exquisite!