Monday, June 27, 2011

Party Days

There has been a delightful plethora of blog-worthy events lately, and I just can’t keep up.  First there was the Parish Ministries Dinner, an annual fun event that I haven’t thought seemed potentially fun since Tom died, as for some reason, he seemed such an essential part of this particular gathering.  Every year, I have planned to go, and then at the last minute, I have found some reason why I should stay home.  This year, I was brave, forged on,  and luckily met my pals Peggy and John.  So it did turn out to be a fun event, despite my misgivings. 

Close on the tail of that, the choir ladies gave a baby shower for soprano Angela.  Usually I go to these events with Rachael, but somehow, she missed the boat and didn’t realize it was even on until the day before, and she already had made other plans.  I was disappointed, and she was sorry that no one had pressed the information on her a little more aggressively.  One never quite knows, with the younger set, where friendly suggestions or reminders leave off, and where nagging begins.  Better safe than sad, I say.  So once again, I was on my own, and once again I had a lovely time.  Angela looked beautiful, the food was great, and the company was enjoyable.  











3 comments:

Samos said...

Where's all the men?

Marta said...

Love the photos ( do I really have red hair? I'll have to use a different rinse)

Photo of John & Peggy is really sweet.

Laura said...

Did you knit that adorable cap? Baby showers certainly are happy occasions.