Thursday, June 23, 2011

Adoption Day

Adoption day was actually a week ago, but the little adoptee spent the first three days in his new home hiding behind the washing machine.  He occasionally came out surreptitiously to go to the potty, but other than that, he remained very elusive.  This was worrisome because my washing machine is such that I can’t look behind it, and so I was not actually even sure he was there.  And if there, if he was okay.  Very disturbing.  As he wasn’t anywhere else, I decided that was where he had to be.  On one of his few forays out, I blocked his entrance so that he couldn’t get back in, but he foiled me and found an alternative way into his lair. I cleverly managed to block that too.   Finally, he tentatively decided to get acquainted.  First with Margaret, then with me.  Margaret is thrilled to have a new cat brother, and I am quite pleased to have a cat child.   

So, may I introduce my cat Geoffrey Tobias?  He is a lovely, loving big boy with an extraordinarily grey nose.  In fact, he is hindering helping me type this right now.  What a sweet fellow he is.  





8 comments:

bex said...

What a handsome guy!

Marta said...

Black beauty. Will you call him GT

Janet said...

Where did you find him, before he found his hiding place. My cat adoption plans have been foiled so I am on the look-out for new opportunities.

Samos said...

Great photo! He must have been really frightened... First a new home, then a new [gasp] name! Poor little Smokey... I know he'll be very happy with you. :-)

Kree said...

I am so happy our little guy has found a home living in the lap of luxury with you! He's a lovely kitty, and even though I miss him, I am thrilled that you love him so!

Laura said...

Lovely photos. You could have called him 'Lucky' too for finding a new home with you.

Barb Matijevich said...

Oh, I love him! Congratulations! I should knit him some mice...

Kree said...

more photos of Geoffrey please! would love to see one of Margaret too, or even better the two together!