Tuesday, March 25, 2008

A blobby day

I made Easter bread, but did not show it because it was rather weird looking. Rebecca, who was working and was only able to dash into our Easter dinner when it was pretty much over, heard all about it and asked me why I hadn’t put it on this blog. “It was a big blob,” I told her. “I want to see it,” she said. “I’ll send you a picture. It’s really ugly, and the picture is ugly even just as a picture.” “I want to read about it on your blog,” she said.
It had been destined to be Challah, and had two cubes of butter and four eggs in it. I worked on it over three days. The first day was not much work, I must confess, and the second wasn’t really either. I was wavering between anxiety (Rebecca usually makes the Easter bread and it is therefore always fabulous! A very tough act to follow-) and high hopes (my Bread Bible never fails.) It looked lovely going into the oven. “It’s a big blob,” I told Tom when I was taking it out. “I am sure it is not,” he replied, but when he came in to look at he had to admit that it was a big blob. None the less, it was delicious, and the gigantic blob was gone in no time. I didn’t tell everyone how utterly unhealthy it was.

No comments: